State of Iowa
1251 W. Cedar Loop, Cherokee, IA 51012
The Department of Human Services (DHS) is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join the team at the Cherokee Mental Health Institute (CMHI). This is a full-time opportunity and starting pay is dependent upon experience and education with a possible shift differential of $0.90 per hour for second shift and $1.00 per hour for third shift. We also offer a strong opportunity for advancement, growth, and development.
Salary Range: $55,036.80 – $74,110.40/annually
We have a great total compensation package, including:
- Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System (IPERS)
- Retirement Investors Club (RIC) (Employer Sponsored Retirement Plan)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays (9 days/year)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
For additional information on benefits click here.
Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the Iowa Board of Nursing or licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in accordance with the Nurse Licensure Compact Administrator’s Agreement of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description.
- Under the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS’s) new vaccine mandate for healthcare workers (published on November 5, 2021 and affirmed by the United States Supreme Court on January 13, 2022), all potential employees of this facility must have received, at a minimum, the first dose of a primary series or a single dose vaccine OR have an approved religious or medical exemption (as determined by the agency) OR have documentation reflecting a temporary delay in vaccination (as determined by the agency in accordance with CDC allowances), prior to the start date. Candidates shall coordinate with agency staff to ensure all requirements are met before the individual provides any care, treatment, or other services for the facility and/or its clients.
To apply online click here.
If you have any questions, please contact: Dawn Bobzien – firstname.lastname@example.org
The State of Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
Duties: Duties include but are not limited to the following: perform admission, transfer, and discharge procedures, under direct supervision from the RN; provides direct nursing care as specified in the individualized treatment plan, collaborates with an interdisciplinary team alerting the team of any relevant patient care issues, supervises and assists with patient cares to include bathing, meals, and other ADL’s. Provides assigned patient education, therapeutic activities, and programming, implements behavioral management interventions as defined in the individualized treatment plan, complies with hospital safety precautions including observation checks, hand-off communication, and reporting concerns to the RN. Provides leadership to non-licensed staff. Facilitates and promotes collaborative work habits and team-building.
Open: Monday February 27th
Close: Friday August 18th 2023