AgState is currently seeking an Operations Technician to support our Cherokee and Larrabee, Iowa locations! Do you love working with your hands and being outside? Are you a hard worker with a desire to grow and learn in your career? Join our team today!
We are seeking a motivated individual who will be responsible, under the direction of the Location Leader, for agronomy, grain operations, along with grain scale and office responsibilities. At AgState, you will find a team atmosphere committed to safety and excellent customer service and a stable career that offers excellent benefits!
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license, ability to obtain Class A CDL, Commercial applicator license and/or Handler’s license.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Good computer skills.
- High School degree or equivalent. One year of related experience and/or education preferred, but not required.
- Support the elevator operations.
- Receive, dry, blend, and load grain.
- Measure grain inventory as needed.
- Prepare grain rail cars and load cars according to specifications as needed.
- Maintain grain conditions.
- Support all aspects of Agronomy Operations
- Manage ag chemicals and fertilizer.
- Understand chemical rates, uses, and restrictions.
- Abide by our values and practices by:
- Working in a safe & efficient manner.
- Providing superior customer service.
- Performing equipment and facility maintenance including housekeeping, daily maintenance checks, and basic maintenance as required.
- Assisting other locations, as needed.
Close: Tuesday August 22nd 2023